Sports Hall of Fame Nomination
Would you like to nominate someone for the Lourdes High School Sports Hall of Fame? Your voice is important for the future of the Sports Hall of Fame! You are invited to nominate an athlete, coach or team for induction.
Nominations will be reviewed by the committee on an annual basis in the spring for induction that fall. The committee is composed of former Lourdes High School athletes, coaches, the Athletic Director, members of the Lourdes Foundation, and friends. Athletes must be 10 years out of high school, and coaches must be retired.
1. Review the criteria below
2. Click on the Nominate button to view the appropriate nomination form
3. Complete the online form and click the Submit button
Alternatively, you can download and mail a hard copy of the nomination form(see below) to: Lourdes Foundation, 1710 Industrial Drive NW, Rochester, MN 55901
For further information or questions, please contact Lourdes Foundation at (507) 289-2584 or email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to be a part of honoring those who have contributed to the wonderful legacy of athletics at Lourdes High School. We hope to see you at the next Sports Hall of Fame!
Criteria for Individual Student Athletes
To be eligible, the candidate must have participated in co-curricular activities while a student attending Lourdes High School. Candidates will be eligible for induction ten years after graduation. The committee will use the following areas of accomplishments as guidelines for selection process. The candidate:
- must have exemplified the attitude and conduct that is a credit to Lourdes.
- may have earned a letter in more than one sport or earned multiple letters in a single sport.
- may have competed on a conference title team.
- may have competed in a state tournament as an individual or on a team that qualified for a state meet.
- may have earned a championship title in an individual sport/activity.
- may have earned a most valuable player award in a selected sport or was voted to an all-state or all-conference team.
- may have earned recognition through outstanding achievement in a collegiate athletic program or post-secondary competition.
Download Individual Nomination form, click here.
Criteria for Coaches
Coaches may also be nominated for inclusion into the Lourdes High School Sports Hall of Fame. The selection committee will use the following areas of accomplishments as guidelines for the selection process. There is no minimum years of service required. The candidate:
- needs to have coached at Lourdes High School or graduated from Lourdes High School.
- must be retired from all coaching responsibilities at the time of nomination.
- may have coached a conference champion team or individual.
- may have coached an individual or team in state competition.
- may have earned a conference, section or national coaching award.
- does not need to be the head coach or varsity coach of a team.
- was a significant contributor in building a successful athletic program.
Criteria for Teams
- may have won a conference championship.
- may have qualified or won a state tournament.
- may have achieved a significant feat not usually accomplished or overcame considerable adversity.
Download Team Nomination form, click here.